I have been counselling for over 17 years and am an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP), UKRCP registered and a member of the EMDR Association UK & Ireland.
My work experience includes: -
- 5 years with MIND, where I counselled a wide range of clients and facilitated a counselling group.
- 2 years with PARENTHOOD counselling children of divorcing parents and adults with marital difficulties.
- 10 years with AXA ICAS as a Telephone Counsellor and Case Manager. While working with Axa I supported organisations on site involved with critical incidents, redundancies, bereavement and other trauma related events.
- 16 years in private practice in East Grinstead. I see clients in my counselling room, which has a separate entrance from my house and is comfortable and private.
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling (1997)
- Certificate in Stress Management (2005)
- Certificate in Cognitive Therapy (2007)
- Primary Certificate in Trauma & PTSD (2007)
- Fully Trained EMDR Counsellor (2008)
- Completed 8 week MBCT (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy) Course (2009)
- Working with the Neurobiological Legacy of Trauma with Janina Fisher - 20 hour webinar - level 1
- Principles and Challenges of Trauma Treatment with Janina Fisher - level 2
- Various other courses including Transactional Analysis, Working with Couples, Trauma, CBT for anxiety, Psychosomatic Psychotherapy, Neuroscience of Trauma and Loss in children, Somatic Interventions for Enhancing EMDR Effectiveness, Attending to the Body:Integrating EMDR and Sensorimotor Psychotherapy in the Treatment of Early Attachment Wounds with Lana Epstein, EMDR Treatment of Chronic Pain with Mark Grant.